Saturday, December 31, 2011

doin it slow...

This is a post I started 4/2011. I can't believe I never finished it! Here ya go.

I am so impatient when it comes to my cooking. I often make things that are browner then they are supposed to be because I like it dark (chocolate, food, my men! haha!) and slightly charred. The over browning often happens because I trying to cook my food faster then it wants to cook. I've recently been cooking with a few new people and I think I've come around to see the benefits of cooking for a long time over low heat.

This quick toss veggie dish is a perfect example and its so good alone or served with a protein. The best part of this is that you just use whatever veggies you have on hand.  My usual mix is a rotation of:

1 bag Frozen California Mix veggies (broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
1  Bell pepper (Chopped)
1 onion (Chopped)
1 cup Corn

I throw
1T of butter
2-3 whole garlic cloves into a sauce pan
Salt, Black Pepper and Cayenne Pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment